As a valued client and partner of PTS Advance, we wanted to take this opportunity to apprise you of our efforts with respect to the novel coronavirus, COVID-19.
Our temporary workers’ safety and well-being is paramount to us, as is the safety and well-being of your employees. Therefore, we have advised our temporary employees about how to take care of themselves, protect others, and monitor the latest developments. Per the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, we have informed our employees that they should:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when they are sick
- Cover their cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a face mask
- Wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing their nose, coughing, or sneezing (if soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol)
Also, effective immediately, PTS is implementing a temporary screening questionnaire for all job candidates AND current worksite employees. The screening questionnaire will consist of the following questions:
- Do you have CURRENT symptoms of fever, cough or shortness of breath?
- Have you traveled to any of the CDC Warning Level 3 or 2 countries and/or countries with active health notices including mainland China, Iran, South Korea, Italy, or Japan in the past 14 days?
- Have you had close contact with a person who has a confirmed or probable case of coronavirus in the past 14 days?
- Have you had close contact with a person who has recently traveled to mainland China, Iran, South Korea, Italy, or Japan AND has been sick or ill in the past 14 days?
If candidates or current employees answer yes to any questions, they will be instructed to follow CDC guidance, and the candidate will not be considered for any client assignment until they can answer no to all questions, and the employee will be told to not return to the client worksite until they can answer no to all questions.
Note that we stand ready to assist you in navigating this public health challenge and furthering the well-being of all employees. PTS will continue to maintain close contact with each worksite Health and Safety Department